Today's home security solutions are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to perform simple security duties like turning on your home security, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you no longer needed to worry about these tasks ever again? With geofencing in Tempe, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Tempe For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your property, which you can arrange in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to share information with one another. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You can then draw specific boundaries along the perimeter of your house and program the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
For example, shortly after you exit your driveway, you can instruct your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the devices you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home security system in Tempe. With the security app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components engage based on another activity. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when the fire alarm trips. Or switch on your hallway lighting if your security camera notices unusual motion outside.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Have your lighting lower, the A/C go down, and the locks engage when the day is done. Or customize a scene for TV night with the right light and thermostat settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Tempe
Whether you seek added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (480) 608-0064 or send in the following form to begin customizing your ideal security system.