Home security cameras can easily be placed as a deterrent—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras come equipped with a plethora of features all built to deliver comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these features help you to utilize the most from security cameras in Tempe.
How To Set Up Your Tempe Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your home security cameras on the ideal locations around your residence is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common areas like the living room or den. It’s also a smart move to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally offer you a clear view of your patio, driveway, and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. Then get a view of your main entryway with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas around your interior that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your family ought to be a chief regard prior to mounting a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the first step in getting the most out of home security cameras in Tempe. The innovations listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic messages on your phone whenever unusual activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to start filming when motions are discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your security cameras to capture footage and save clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- Two-way talk: The majority of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone via the device. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, gives you a more comprehensive view of what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to secure single locations within your home.. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and disregard cars passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Tempe is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system can go from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (480) 608-0064 or complete the form below to get started personalizing your home security system today.