What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Tempe
You realize you must protect your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the spot where your loved ones live and is where you keep your valuables. But what is the ideal form of home protection? Whether or not to use 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary decisions you will make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Tempe and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection connects to a professional monitoring organization that is set to act at a moment’s notice. Whenever an entrypoint sensor activates or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring agents receive an alert instantaneously. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and contact the proper first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional support. You can consider this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you need to take action to resolve it. This option is the cheaper route, but it also impacts your peace of mind.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Tempe
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always wise. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without your phone, your residence and those inside will still be safeguarded.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll respond in a speedier fashion to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Better equipment and smooth integration: When you get tools, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security expert, you will enjoy a fully connected system with devices that may be better than what you will come across yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Countless individuals would prefer to have work done by experienced experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation may be satisfactory for many as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Tempe
Here’s a quick rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers could deem this to be an advantage as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an added expense. Other residents may wish to use an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may incorporate components whenever you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you might find incorporating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your alarms. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t get a security notification? This circumstance equates to added stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No support connecting the system: If you want a helping hand during an installation, you may have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Tempe
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Tempe from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the best option for your family. Contact (480) 608-0064 today to get started.