You may remember when security devices were limited to where you could run wires in your residence. You could forget about positioning a security camera on a desk or governing your system with a smartphone. But, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless systems. You currently have an array of added advantages at your disposal -- like online access to your system, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Tempe will defend your home while making your life easier.
What To Consider If You Go Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems need a stable internet and Wi-Fi connection to function in a proper fashion. If you have access to high-speed internet and a capable wireless router, you’re on the right path for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have battery and cellular backups in place to maintain the connection to your monitoring specialists at all times.
If you make your home in a more rural area without dependable internet or cellular coverage, a wired installation will likely be a wiser option. Or It may also make more sense from a financial standpoint to opt for a wired installation if you move into a house that already has wiring installed.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Tempe will elevate the safety of your property, which is the primary purpose to begin with. However, if you like the chance of using the latest technology, review the following benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the devices in your home from your locking systems to your security cameras directly from your smartphone with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to check camera footage, switch on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system on the rare chance you forgot to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency does occur, you are able to have notifications dispatched directly to your phone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, damage to drywall, and lengthy installs. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you may put them practically anywhere and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to add on later with other equipment, integrating devices into your system is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a reality with fast, bi-directional communications. You may direct your components to perform a function in specified scenarios to increase your protection and discourage home invasions. For instance, if your exterior camera detects odd movement around your home, it may instantly signal your interior lights to illuminate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Tempe
Even though wireless home security systems in Tempe are known to be reliable, it’s reasonable if you are a little hesitant about using one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless devices might stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors usually have to be placed within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your flexibility.
- Comparable to all types of internet-connected networks, the risk of being hacked exists. You can do things to greatly reduce the risk by using hard-to-crack passwords, never using default settings, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only employ security elements with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Professionals
Would you like to take advantage of the current advancements in Tempe wireless home security? Call (480) 608-0064 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the most suitable package for your home.