Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Tempe?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Tempe? Generally, there are three major regions of your property for camera installations: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. While your installation team can recommend where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Main Entrance
Even though it might seem absurd that a criminal would make an effort to simply walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins take place near this obvious access point. There are also delivery bandits among other dangers to think about. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to handle these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you can chat with people who approach and press the button. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-direction audio and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a person attempts something criminal, you are able to have your video surveillance automatically record a clip and send it to your cell phone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are a handful of tips to help ensure your home is well protected.
- Corners of your Tempe residence allow for an impressive field-of-view, as you can see two parts of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or straight into a bit of siding or exterior trim are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partly obscured by your home.
- Over your garage, because the garage door is a more likely access point for invaders than you might believe!
- Over a deck or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, be sure to trim away any brush and branches that might obstruct your view.
Recommendations To Get The Best Results From Your Indoor Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Tempe. However, the added versatility means you have other installation variables to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the natural light that enters via a window may cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: Similar to a guard tower, a surveillance device installed in a higher spot will have a broader view. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookshelves or attached to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment will lose its ability to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your devices in locations where children or pets have no ability to interact with them. You could try mounting or other ways of attaching them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system won’t do much good if there is a decorative item or plant in the way. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life also have the ability to cloak your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (480) 608-0064 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.